Wind. Rain. Sun. Snow. No matter the type, weather happens, and there’s nothing we can do to control it. Therefore, we have to learn to work with it. And when it comes to structures that have to remain outdoors, you’re going to want to make sure they’re built to last, even in the most extreme weather. Swing sets are no exception.
Traditionally, most swing sets have been made of wood or metal, and it’s probably safe to say that most of us have less than stellar childhood memories of burns and splinters from our time on the playground. More than likely, those injuries were caused by what the weather had done to the playground equipment. Weather drastically affects structures made of wood and metal.
- Heat up to 30℉ or more above the outside temperature
- Be discolored by the sun as well as split and cause slivers
- Rot and crack when exposed to water, which can eventually cause the playset to deteriorate and become dangerous for children
- Get even hotter than wood in the sun and can be up to 50℉ hotter than the outside temperature
- Become rusted when it is exposed to water and create a dangerous surface
At Ruffhouse, we know that you want your kids to have a fun and safe experience when they’re playing. That’s why we build our swing sets out of the highest quality vinyl. Vinyl is essentially weather proof:
- Because the vinyl deters sunlight, our playsets always stay cool to the touch, even when temperatures reach 100℉ or more.
- Water will not damage the vinyl, whether it comes from rain, sprinklers, or irrigation. So, no rust, no rotting (and as a bonus, no having to paint like a wood playset that has chipped and cracked paint from the weather).
So, if you are looking for a swing set for your kids that will be safe year-round, rain or shine, it’s time to get started on designing your Ruffhouse playground today!